3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 tablespoon milk
Powdered sugar for rolling out dough
- In small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth and light in color. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Divide dough in half, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sprinkle surface with powdered sugar where dough will be rolled. Remove 1 wrapped pack of dough from refrigerator at a time. Sprinkle rolling pin with powdered sugar and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into desired shape and place 1 inch apart on greased baking sheet or parchment paper. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookie begins to turn golden around the edges. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Serve as is or ice and or sprinkle as desired.